Keep Free Holiday Fire Damage
Keeping your family safe from fire during the holidays is so important.
Cooking fires are common during Thanksgiving and the holidays. The US Fire Administration has quite a few tips and suggestions on their website to help with fire safety during the holidays.
If you or your loved one has recently suffered from a fire, be sure to contact SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom to help you with your restoration needs. Call us 24/7 at 916-987-0400.
Are you considering frying a turkey for Thanksgiving? Please consider the
Five dangers of deep frying a turkey:
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area.
- An overfilled cooking pot will cause cooking oil to spill when the turkey is put in, and a partially frozen turkey will cause cooking oil to splatter when put in the pot.
- Even a small amount of cooking oil spilling on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
- Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat oil to the point of starting a fire.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid and pot handles can get dangerously hot.
For more information visit the US Fire Administration website: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/outreach/cooking.html
If you need help with your emergency visit: http://www.SERVPROfairoaksfolsom.com/. If you have a water or fire emergency be sure to call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks/Folsom at 916-525-1241 so we can help you today!
You can follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SERVPROfairoaksfolsom